TOGETHER WE CAN PREVENT ADULT ABUSE AND NEGLECT
Some adults cannot protect themiselves from abuse and neglect. Abusers may deliberately exploit vulnerable people.
Abuse can be:
- Modern Slavery
What can I do if I am being abused or I think that someone else is being abused?
- In an emergency contact the Police on 999
- If a crime has been committed contact the Police on 101
- Practitioners should report the suspected abuse of an adult who may have needs for care and support to Adult Social Care by completing the Safeguarding Adults Concern Form which can be found on the Safeguarding Board's website at www.darlingtonsafeguardingboards.co.uk
- Members of the public can report the suspected abuse of an adult who may have needs for care and support to Adult Social Care by contacting the First Point of Contact on 01325 406111
- If you require urgent help outside office hours or at the weekend or on Bank Holidays contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01642 524552
Darlington Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board
Safeguarding is everyone's business